Being a parent is not an easy task! In fact it is commonly said that the role of a parent never ends in one’s life. For a woman, who recently has become a mother, this is a completely different ballgame altogether. If it is the first issue, remember that there are several things you need to be cautious about during the span of your breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is a choice and the doctors and specialists around the world insist the mothers to breastfeed the newborn as it helps build the immunity in the baby’s body.
However, there are many important perspectives that should kept in mind for a new mother. Gaining weight while breastfeeding normal is one of the common problems that many face. Here are some other things you should be alert about. Give it a read.
- Remember that being a mother is a tough job. And after delivery, you need to keep in mind that you are not alone anymore. Your child’s health solely depends on your health and how you are holding yourself up. So falling ill is something you must avoid at any cost.
- Many women have noticed the problem of putting on extra weight during breastfeeding. Many have experienced the opposite of it. But a recent study has told us that during breastfeeding, it is very likely for women to gain extra weight because of various hormonal and metabolic discrepancy. Note that during pregnancy and breastfeeding, the hormones remain very active and therefore can act as an instrumental factor for the cravings for food. Higher metabolic rate also helps us gain weight.
- During the initial months of child birth, the usual routine of mothers get hampered. Lack of proper sleep invite tiredness and mood swings which add to the factor for gaining more weight. The hunger craving also gets high. In order to put back normalcy in your life, you must not forget to get enough rest so that your body does not suffer from sleep deprivation.
- Normal deliveries have become much rare these days. Most of us opt for surgical delivery which leave the mother completely bedridden for the next one or two months. Remember that it is important to do some light exercise even after the child is born. The physical exercise helps smooth blood circulation in brain which makes it easier for you to fall asleep. Therefore, try to do some exercise, yoga after you consult it with your doctor.
- Maintain a healthy diet during breastfeeding. Stay away from crash diet, liquid diet and party foods, junk foods and all kinds of rich food items during this time. Remember to eat healthy, rich in protein, nutritious foods and if possible, have plenty of water for your body. Rich vitamin is also important for you to have during breastfeeding. If possible, consult with a nutritionist or a certified dietician for your food chart.
Gaining weight while breastfeeding and pregnant can be fought against if you can keep in mind the aforesaid tips. All the very best to you.